August 06, 2004

University Red

Interestingly, Pantone 201 is the official color for Stanford University (web #990000), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (web #993333), Washington State University (web #990033), Indiana University, Wharton School at UPenn, University of Baltimore, University of Oklahoma (web #990000), and Hastings College... those are the ones I found in only a few minutes.

It's the Pantone red for my corporate identity. Because everyone in my family has compulsive behaviors, I Googled it to see if I could find other companies that use it and to see how I might put the color into context.

Unusual though, that one color can be used by so many in the same "industry". Maybe all these university folk will associate their alma mater colors with my company... and sign up!

No comments: