January 15, 2004

Shaking Up the Governor


The first time I spoke to the governor, it was in August 2003 in the stairwell at work, walking down 42 flights of stairs with him and several others in the New York City blackout. I don't think he remembers.

This morning I was formally introduced to the charismatic Governor Cuomo. We shook hands. He paused.

"Do you play tennis?" he asked.
"No, I don't."
"Let me shake your hand again." We shook. "Do you lift weights?"
"No, I don't," I shook my head grinning.
"Karate?" he asked, seeking out a reason for the strength behind the shake.
"No."
"Anything?"
I confessed. "No, nothing. I shake hands."

After he watched a little presentation that I created for the firm, he turned to me and said "Let me shake your left hand."

We talked about the presentation a little and we parted, he said, "You're very valuable to the firm."

Cool.

No comments: