March 10, 2007

Small town, big city.

Ok, so living in the city is a lot like living in a small town. When I used to live in Greenwich Village, my neighbors knew me, the butcher, the cheese guy... they all recognized me. If it'd been a while since I'd visited, they'd inquire if I was on vacation, or after my health.

Kindness at the Liquor StoreSo living in Dupont Circle with my friend is no different. He told me about how he was at the Cairo liquor store the other day, talking to the owner about a coffee liquor, so the guy says, oh, he'll order some. Four days later, my friend is in the store and guess what? Yeah, four bottles of the liquor were on the shelf and so my friend gets a bottle. Imagine that actually ever happening in your local Giant (Ralph's, Safeway, Piggly Wiggly or what have you)...another good reason to avoid the suburbs. Cool, huh?

No comments: