May 25, 2002

3.29.2002
New York City
Today I went to Yves Durif Salon where my friend Patti works and had Yves cut off nearly 14 inches of my hair to donate to Locks of Love (but you can also donate to WigsForKids if you're thinking about it). It's a charity that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children with medical hair loss. We needed 10 inches, thought that's what we cut, but now I'm home and have to measure it (required for the short form I have to fill out), and it turns out we cut nearly 14 inches. Yves, a true master (Aveda calls him a "world renowned master") who makes cutting hair look like mixing salad, worked his magic since Patti was tied up with another customer. So for doing a good thing, I was treated to a cut by Yves - okay, here's a shot of me before and below for the after, at Souris' computer. If you're ever looking for a fabulous cut, you should definitely go there ($110 by Patti [ed. note: updated early 2006]). So grateful to both Patti (who so thoughtfully suggested the donation to me in the first place) and Yves (who was so generous to offer his salon, his time, and his incredible talent).

Here I am from Souris' web cam:
13 inches off!