May 25, 2002

[4/16/2002 12:57:05 AM]
New York City. Greenwich Village.
Got a second hand-me down laptop today to go with the ghetto one I was using the last couple of weeks. 28.8 modem connection makes me feel like I'm back in Vietnam.

My next goal is to get a new apartment by June 1 to get a phone line to get DSL. That, and to have Souris furnish the place with her leftover goods. (Delicious furniture)

Last weekend I went to DC and downtown with Les to see the Cherry Blossoms in bright bloom, shortly after their peak, at the point when the flowers have turned white and the slightest breeze leaves you in a Spring snowstorm of petals. You've seen one, you've seen 'em all, but the great thing is, you don't get tired of looking.

This week I go to Dietmar's (fellow Alaska AIDS Rider) inauguration/networking party for nunet. At some point, I'll also meet up with Marcus, who I met at Angkor Wat in January while in Cambodia.

Other plans? Work (which is fun), KleinReid Sale (which grows the art collection), possibly Bike NY (which will be 42 miles of biking in the 5 boros after not having been on the bike since August of 2000) and a wedding at West Point (I know neither the bride nor the groom).

No comments: